jueves, 11 de junio de 2009

Anvil! The Story of Anvil



I love metal. Ever since I was a teenager I’ve been into it. Anvil was one of those bands that I found out about when I was 18, when I was searching for some of the most obscure stuff and Canadian metal had become something of an infatuation (Razor, Slaughter, Thor, Piledriver, etc.) and Anvil are still the kings of Canadian metal. This documentary, which follows them during a tour and during the process of selling their new album, is truly incredible, showing them as human beings, friends, and partners in crime, as they go from what seems to one obstacle to the next, the realization that their dream might be just that, a dream, but refusing still to let go of it. I still wonder why this band never got as big as Metallica or Megadeth or Slayer, since their sound was very similar and had the same management at the time. The ending will fill your heart with emotions, I won’t say which, but I assure you it’ll pull into your heart-strings. Metal on Metal, bitches!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario