domingo, 14 de junio de 2009

Legend


I have to admit, I’m not the biggest fan of fantasy movies. The Lord of the Rings movies mildly entertained me, and I find Labyrinth to be a pretty dumb movie that’s good only thanks to David Bowie’s presence. I don’t hate it completely however, since I’m a fan of The Dark Crystal and both Oz films. Anyway, I was hesitant for years before watching this flick, ignoring it during my young and teen years and even my young adult ones. It wasn’t until recently that I decided to watch this for the first time, and I was surprised at how much I enjoyed it. Tom Cruise is not as irritating in this film, and Mia Sara is simply beautiful and enchanting as the princess. But it’s Rob Bottin’s creations that steal the show, particularly Tim Curry’s “Lord Of Darkness” and the Green Witch. The story deals with a group of goblins, taking advantage of a princess’ innocence, who cut off the horn of an unicorn to give to the Lord Of Darkness. Taking both the last Unicorn and the Princess, it’s up to Tom Cruise and a bunch of elves to go and rescue both in an underground lair that pretty much looks like hell. The film, like I said, has very good makeup effects, and is very well directed by Ridley Scott, but in the end I guess I’m just not a fantasy fan. Still recommended.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario