sábado, 27 de junio de 2009

The Postman Always Rings Twice


Very over-rated film might have packed a punch when it first came out, but time has not been that kind to it. You know the story: John Garfield is your typical working class dude who is lured into the sexual web of married femme fatale Lana Turner, as she convinces Garfield to kill her husband so both can get in on their diner business and live happily ever after. The photography is pretty damn good, there’s no denying it, but I have to admit that this just didn’t hold my attention. I’m not a fan of Garfield and always considered Lana Turner to be rather boring, and I was never drawn into the suspense of the movie. I looked indiferent every time there was a cop or a District Attorney to give you shudders. The character I really liked was Hume Cronyn as Arthur Keats, who is a sleazy but hilarious lawyer with gay tendencies. I wish they made a movie about him.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario