domingo, 5 de julio de 2009

Combat Shock


One of the greatest independent films in history. Written, produced and directed by Buddy Giovinazzo, it is a descent to hell of a Vietnam veteran, a junkie, who has a nagging fat wife and a deformed baby, caused by his exposure to Agent Orange. What a movie. Never have I seen such a gritty film in years. I wish I had made this. The dialogue, the characters, it all seems like it’s really happening. I especially love the sequence of our lead waiting in line for his welfare check. And that baby, whoa! What a scary fucking creature, it makes the one in Eraserhead look normal by comparison. This movie is downbeat as hell and very depressing, and pulls on punches when it comes to gritty realism. And the ending, oh my God. It’s like Taxi Driver on speed. I don’t want to give too much away, since this is definitely one of those films that is better to know little about when first watching it, so rent it now! You won’t be sorry!

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario