domingo, 5 de julio de 2009

Maniac Cop


A real mess of a horror movie. When I first time I heard of this I thought I would be in horror heaven: a script by Larry Cohen (It’s Alive, God Told Me To), directed by William Lustig (Maniac, Vigilante) and with the acting talents of Tom Atkins, Richard Roundtree and fuckin’ Bruce Campbell! Alas it was not to be. An interesting concept about an undead psycho cop falls apart with a hard-to-believe story about some conspiracy involving the police department, and plot holes the size of my nuts. Why is he exactly immortal? Whatever. It also suffers from a very pedestrian directing style, looking more like a TV movie than a feature film by the guy who made Maniac! I see this as nothing more than a failed experiment by people trying to do something different. Stick with their other stuff.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario