sábado, 1 de agosto de 2009

Amazonia: The Catherine Miles Story

I’ve been hearing about this film for a while now, the first time being as a song by a giallo-themed death metal band that I can’t remember the name of. I knew I was into something that I wouldn’t exactly love the moment it started, it’s opening being almost identical to the one in Cannibal Holocaust. I knew I was getting ready to watch one of those ‘based on a true stories’ movies that are full of shit. Elvire Audray plays Catherine Miles, an attractive woman who is kidnapped by a tribe in the Amazons, who also kills her parents (or so it seems). She is reluctantly forced to live with the tribe and adapt herself to it, even falling in love with her intended designated husband.

Sadly the film is dull as hell, and drags on at the pace of a fat man in a floor full of glass. The first act is ridiculously boring and I almost turned it off before the fifteen minute mark. Things pick up a little when she gets kidnapped, but not enough. There is a lot of nudity, but not enough gore, at least not for this cannibal epic. In the end the plot turns into one of revenge and I can’t say I bought it very well. It’s one of the least interesting cannibal epics to come out of Italy during the late 70’s/early 80’s. Recommended only for true sleaze fans.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario