lunes, 3 de agosto de 2009

ReGOREgitated Sacrifice

This is Lucifer Valentine’s second film in his proposed “Vomit Gore Trilogy” following Slaughtered Vomit Dolls. I must say I wasn’t a biggest fan of the first one, It had a lot of good ideas but in the end I felt it didn’t live up to it’s potential. Thankfully that potential appeared in this film, where it’s easy to see he’s grown as a filmmaker, whether he wants to or not. Multiple cutting and camera tricks prevail, but it does up the ante when it comes to the sex and puke on-screen.

As far as story goes, I can’t really make much of it. I read that Lucifer’s intentions was to show the hallucinations of a dying woman, but I guess I didn’t get that part. The most I got is that it was about twin women who torture, degrade then eviscerate women. But still, story is the least interesting part of this film. There’s sex and gore, explicitly and in plenty. And of course, there’s a lot of vomit. Now, I know a lot of the controversy comes from this, and it’s easy to understand. I myself can’t judge since I do have a gore/sex fetish, so a puke/sex one can’t be that different. This movie has the power of the early Bunuel shorts to make you gag, laugh and look in horror at the same time, and I will look forward to Valentine’s future endeavors with gusto.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario